Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Ohio
West Chester, OH CFO
40 Years of Experience
Miami University (Ohio)
Certificates & Licenses:
Active CPA license in Ohio
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Financial Executive Networking Group- FENG
The Sunrise Alliance
Contact Jeff Matthews and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jeff is a Chief Financial Officer with B2B CFO® offering advisory services to small and mid-sized businesses. His clients are in professional services, manufacturing, IT support, equipment rental, lighting distribution and maintenance, concrete and aggregate, and automotive repair. With over 35 years of financial experience in varied industries, including construction related manufacturing and distribution, sporting goods, consumer products, and service companies, he has served firms ranging in revenue from $25M to $1B as a CFO, Treasurer and Controller. Twice Jeff has helped guide companies through bankruptcy. Jeff has taken a company public and has twice managed the external financial reporting requirements of a publicly-traded corporation.
With over 15 years of experience with private equity financed organizations, Jeff brings a strong understanding of cash management, fiscal control, and creative process improvement. He has played an active role in over a dozen strategic acquisitions and divestitures with deals ranging from $1M to over $200M. His duties have included due diligence, financial modeling, contract negotiation, and post-acquisition integration.
Every company, regardless of its size, needs a Chief Financial Officer® and Jeff strongly believes that a CFO is a strategic partner with the business owner or CEO. His business skills have helped firms through periods of strong growth, cyclical business swings, and recessionary pressures.
Jeff thrives in challenging situations where he can draw on his business acumen to improve the operating results and help companies grow. His areas of strength and achievement include:
- Cash Management
- Cash Forecasting
- Timely Financial Reporting
- Developing and Implementing Business Metrics
- Banking Relations and Alternative Financing
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Variance Analysis
- Coordination of Financial and Collateral Audits
- Business Process Improvements
- Staff Development, Evaluation, and Training
- Accounting System Implementations
- Acquisition Due Diligence and Integration
A graduate of Miami University, Jeff is a Certified Business Transition Expert® and holds an active Ohio CPA license and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation from the AICPA and CIMA.